Strategic planning asks three key questions:
- “What do we do?”
- “For whom do we do it?”
- “How can we do it better?”
In order to determine where it is going, the organization needs to know exactly where it stands, then determine where it wants to go and how it will get there. This becomes the “strategic plan.”
Mira & Associates conducts strategic planning processes to energize individual companies, business associations and not-for-profit organizations achieve higher financial performance. During the strategic planning process, strengths and weaknesses are addressed and all opportunities explored.
- Identify and respond to opportunities and challenges.
- Establish a clear direction for growth.
- Raise the energy level of the organization.
- Elevate morale and actively involve people.
- Streamline operations to reduce stress and improve efficiency.
- Improve all aspects of financial management and performance.
- Formulate mission, values, goals and objectives.
- Analyze the business environment, market and competition.
- Evaluate and prioritize opportunities.
- Develop growth strategies for each of the five components – market, technology, people, organization and finance.
- Develop detailed, time-bound action plans for implementation of the strategies.
- Monitor plan implementation.
- In-company interviews with managers and key employees to identify issues to be addressed.
- Written surveys to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the five components.
- Off site planning sessions with your management team to formulate the basic elements of the plan.
- Post planning follow up and implementation support.
Strategic planning is an organization’s process of defining its strategy, or direction, and making decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this strategy. Mira & Associates helps develop a 3-5 year strategic plan using the five essential components of a business: capital, organization, marketing, people and product/service.